Friday, September 30, 2005

t block making stars



I made this quilt from scraps-it is just a rail fence block made with 1 1/2 by 3 1/2 strips and two 1 1/2 inch squares on one side to make it into a t block, and 3 1/2 inch squares. I love how the stars pop out. I saw this quilt made with just 2 fabrics and on a much larger scale. I like the scraps (many from my floor...) and smaller scale.
I gave this to a friend who had a chimney fire--the quilt is ok, just a bit smokey. My sister had one of my quilts fall off the wall into her fireplace (at least that's her story!) I should warn people not to have my quilts in rooms with an open flame.

7 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful quilt! Jen

Catherine said...

How cool that the "T" makes the stars. My list of quilts I am wanting to make is growing every day. Yikes

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love this quilt! It is great! Thanks so much for posting it! It is such an inspiration!

Debra Dixon said...

Fabulous Quilt! I think you are right about the scale looking better in a smaller size. Very nice.

Finn said...

great quilt Lynn, very creative.I would love to make one, loving scraps the way I do.

Nines said...

Loved your quilt... but a quilt...gulp...fell into a fire?! As a quiltaholic, I feel as if I've suffered a near death experience and it wasn't even my quilt! You must have been traumatized- but you sound fully recovered. Sarah @ alwayswantsto bequilting could tell you a story or two about unloved quilt tragedies. What kind of world are we livin' in anyway? Well, didn't mean to rant, just feeling empathetic. Keep up the good work! Nines

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Thank you for posting this wonderful quilt. It is stunning!
Scrap quilts are my favourite. I also buy check shirts from the thrift shop! My son's name is Tim - I bet he'd love a quilt made from 'T's like this one.