Thursday, October 04, 2007

chiclets


This doll quilt is for my guild's silent auction at the Fine Art of Fiber show at the Chicago Botanic Gardens.
http://faof.home.comcast.net/
Since going to a heavier work schedule, I have not had as much time to sew, and am grateful for those UFOs in my stacks that I can pull out and finish. They are like money in the bank!
This one was a small class sample. I didn't have enough of the yellow binding so I added a piece of blue. Finn has her orphan blocks, I have my orphan bindings!
The blocks were left from a larger quilt I called 'Chiclets" because the pieces looked like the shape and colors of the gum.

4 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Too cute!

slimjohnson said...

The way the pieces are cut and the placement of the red squares really gives a lot of movement -- -very nice!!

antique quilter said...

this is such a great little quilt, is the pattern available? or is it in a book?
Love the way the blocks have movement due to the way you cut them
thanks for sharing.
Kathie

atet said...

Oh what a cute quilt! Let's hear it for the UFO's!