Thursday, January 08, 2009

solstice


I am home, trying to keep quiet for a while until classes start again. I am pulling out a few projects that were just about done, then the little bit left forgotten. This quilt was made 5 1/2 years ago for Paul's eight grade graduation; totally completed--even the label, except for the sleeve being tacked down. It took about 15 minutes, and is now done. I had made Paul a treasure box with that wonderful solstice fabric when he was about six. He kept stones and shells and bits in it, now I see it has Magic Cards in it and Seth uses it.
I love the Irish Chain pattern--it can be any mood you want it to be with simple fabric choices.

2 comments:

DonnaSews said...

just beautiful, simple yet sophisticated. As always, stunning!!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt! Very nice!