Monday, December 14, 2015

cute enough

16 1/2 by 20 inches. Machine quilted.

Temecula Quilt Company's We Wish You a Mini Christmas sew-a-long was a fun diversion during end of semester grading. I posted my grades Saturday and finished the final blocks and put it together Sunday.

As I said in an earlier post, while Temecula's 2 1/4 inch blocks were cute, 3 inches was cute enough, so I redrafted each to that size.
I adapted one of their settings, cutting the sashing strips 1 3/4 inches, finishing 1 1/4 inches and the cut the borders 3 inches.

I used some of my late neighbor Lorraine's Smithsonian Rising Sun collection quilt fabric for the sashing and borders. It was a bit sun streaked from being on her shelves so I cut around those areas.

http://temeculaquiltco.blogspot.com/2015/12/we-wish-you-mini-christmas-finishing.html

3 comments:

{Geo}Holly said...

Ohhh, I just love this!! I may have to make one for myself. Yours is adorable.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! And more than "enough."

Sharon

Sarah said...

I think this is darling!