Sunday, June 26, 2016

orange! 25 patch/framed nine patch quilt, completed


I participated in a faculty exchange with a Dutch nursing professor. She was with me in October and I was with her in May.
It was a very rewarding experience to be with students in a different system. Angela and I enjoyed working with each other's students and colleagues, and living with each other's families.
I gave her this quilt in appreciation.

25 patch/framed 9 patch
Made with 2 1/2 inch cut squares (finish 2 inches) and frames cut 2 1/2 by 10 1/2 and 2 1/2 by 6 1/2.
I continued with the 25 patches for a border.
I love this quilt!

I had bought the fabulous orange online for another project. The color was not what I was expecting, so I decided to use it for the back and binding of this quilt--a very appropriate color for a quilt that will live in the Netherlands.

2 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Love the quilt and how nice of you to give it to her. Such a wonderful idea to exchange countries.

Chantal said...

Lovely quilt, Lynn. This is truly a scrap-buster quilt. So like you to give it to her. It's a lovely way to remember a wonderful exchange. ;^)