Tuesday, December 27, 2016

calico rose, quilt completed

About 72 by 96 inches.

Deanna at Wedding Dress Blue had a sew-a-long in 2015.
https://weddingdressblue.wordpress.com/calico-rose-quiltalong/
It used up a tremendous amount of my 2 inch cut squares bin (which is now overflowing again...).
I love quilts like this, every fabric has a memory attached. Both this quilt and the rail fence quilt include some scraps from my mother's sewing.
This quilt now belongs to my sister Janna.
Thanks, Deanna, for a great project. Any new ideas for that 2 inch squares bin?

The back uses up some of my remaining Lunn fabrics. Love how they glow.

5 comments:

audrey said...

That blue background just makes it all pop!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A wonderful scrappy quilt! I'm tempted to use a bright - maybe blue, maybe red- as the background in a quilt, yours is very effective here!

Amy said...

I love it when you use your 2 inch squares. Looking forward to your next one!

regan said...

Another beautiful finish! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Oh, one of my all-time favorites! Beautiful!

Sharon