Sunday, December 18, 2016

vintage block--quilt completed

Bonnie/Yankee Quilter over at Scraps and Threadtales posted a wonderful vintage block in 2009.
http://scrapsandthreadtales.blogspot.com/2009/02/playing-vintage.html

I immediately drafted it and made a top out of reclaimed plaid fabrics.
http://kleinmeisjequilts.blogspot.com/2009/03/vintage-block.html
The block is huge, 17 1/2 inches finished.

Then I lost the top.
For 7 years.
If you saw my sewing room you would understand.

A couple months ago I found it again, and had it quilted as a wedding gift for Andy's niece.
It really is a great block. Thanks, Bonnie, for sharing it--I hope you got your quilt made too!

9 comments:

Ariane said...

I love this quilt! It's gorgeous!

Karen said...

Love the plaids.

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

Lovely quilt. Such a nice present. I understand you couldn't find your top. I do a lot of searching myself!!

regan said...

This is so awesome! I love working with the recycled plaids! I think this is going on my list! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Another quilt I love!!

Sharon

Marta FF said...

Great quilt as always, I love your plaid quilts, so inspired me! but your latest quilts with solids are awesome!! the churn dash is terrific.
Merry Christmas!!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely quilt! The plaids are wonderful!

Ruth said...

Very nice and a funny story! I can relate to your sewing room. I seem to have one like it!

YankeeQuilter said...

Love how it came out! I think mine is still a top...need to go get it out of the pile!