Sunday, July 09, 2017

flicker

An idea from Pinterest. I saw several quilts with this block and don't know who to attribute it to. If you know, please tell me.

I was using my EZ angle to cut the corners, then read Bonnie Hunter's review of Doug Leko's Simple Folded Corner Ruler. I picked one up and like how the size adds stability and the markings add accuracy to this task.

It is drafted to a 9 inch finished block.
Print: four 5 inch squares
Solid: two 3 inch squares, added with the sew and flip method.

Very simple.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Love your blocks. Lynn Carson Harris (The Little Red Hen blog) made a quilt of these blocks. She called her quilt "The Butterfly Effect" (for obvious reasons!). You can see it in her book, Every Last Piece. I think a variation of this block was called "The Exquisite", and was used by Gwen Marston.
I'm really enjoying your exploration of solid/print combinations.

Susan said...

Here is a link to Lynn's blog post about her quilt, if you would like to see it:

http://thelittleredhen.typepad.com/my_weblog/2015/11/every-last-piece-featured-quilt-of-the-week-butterfly-effect.html